Approval Granted By Local Board for Grants Supporting Critical Housing Services
Polk County, Florida Housing Trust Fund’s Programs and Support Services program has recently awarded grants totaling over $680,000 to 18 nonprofit organizations. The aim of these grants is to support families in securing affordable housing through initiatives that promote housing stability, affordability, justice, and access.
Ena Babic Barnes, a board member of the trust fund and chair of the fund allocation committee, expressed gratitude for the community’s contribution in raising the total amount available for the PSS program to its highest level yet.
The grants have been allocated to various organizations to aid them in their housing-related endeavors. Here is a breakdown of the organizations and the grant amounts they received:
- Anawim Housing – $105,000
- Catholic Charities – $26,000
- Central Iowa Shelter & Services – $30,000
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity – $50,000
- HOME Inc. – $50,000
- House of Mercy – $15,000
- International Rescue Committee – $15,000
- Iowa Homeless Youth Centers – $75,000
- Iowa International Center – $8,528
- Nisaa African Family Services – $50,000
- Oakridge Neighborhood – $70,000
- Primary Health Care/Centralized Intake – $100,000
- The Beacon – $30,000
- U.S. Committee on Immigrants and Refugees – Iowa – $45,000
- YMCA graduate program – $20,000
Through these grants, the Polk County Housing Trust Fund aims to make a meaningful impact in the community by supporting organizations that are dedicated to providing crucial housing services to those in need.